1. COLLECTED INFORMATION
Virtus Vita collects information the User is sharing via the Platform. The following information provided by the User are collected:
- Account data: name, email and other data of the User according to the User account;
- Profile data: patients’ profile data such as: name, email, telephone, name of the home medical facility and contact details, gender, date of birth, holder of European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or not and similar; medical facilities’ profile data such as: name of the medical facility, address, name of the contact person, website address, telephone, email, VAT number, treatments, treatments’ price and reimbursement rates received by the state authorities for each treatment, acceptance of European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), admittance of HIV patients, Hepatitis B and C patients, description of the medical facility, designation if it is an independent medical facility or member of a group, certifications of the medical facility, accepted payment methods, availability overview, photos of the medical facility and similar;
- Communication: communications via any tool provided by the Platform which are published by the Users;
- Payment Data: financial information of the medical facility (credit card information);
- Other data: otherwise provided information by the Users to Virtus Vita while filling in a form, conducting a search, by updating or adding information to the User account, responding to surveys, participating in promotions or using other features of the Platform and information obtained by Users upon request of Virtus Vita such as operation permit for the medical facility.
Automatically Collected Information
Virtus Vita automatically collects from the Platform the following information about the services and how they are used:
- Usage: information about User’s interaction with the Platform- visited pages or other content viewed, searches, reservations, availability checks, bookings and other actions on the Platform;
- Location: general or specific information about User’s location (IP address, ZIP code, specific location through mobile GPS);
- Log Data: information on when the Platform is used, how it is used, IP address, access times, hardware and software information, device information and similar.
Information Collected from Third Parties
Virtus Vita may collect approved information i.e. reviews and ratings that Users provide about each other, which are published on their public profile pages.
3. PURPOSE OF USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
Virtus Vita uses, stores and processes information about Users in order to enable treatment availability checks, reservation of bookings via the Platform and in order to improve the Platform, and in particular to: (i) enable access and use of the Platform features; (ii) enable communication among Users and Virtus Vita; (iii) operate, protect and improve the Platform and experience; (iv) personalize and customize User’s experience by rating search results, showing ad based on user’s search, booking history and preferences; (v) provide customer service; (vi) send service or support messages/emails such as updates, security alerts, account notifications, reservation, availability responses and booking confirmations; (vii) any other purpose authorized by the User.
Virtus Vita uses, stores and processes information about Users in order to create and maintain a safe environment, and in particular to: (i) detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents and any other harmful activity; (ii) comply with legal obligations; (iii) resolve disputes with any User; (iv) implement Terms and Conditions for Users and other policies.
Virtus Vita uses, stores and processes information about Users for advertising and marketing purposes and in particular to: (i) send to the Users promotional emails/messages, marketing, advertising and other information that may be of interest to the Users based on collected data on their preferences; (ii) personalize, measure and improve advertising; (iii) administer surveys, contests and other promotional activities or events sponsored and managed by Virtus Vita.
4. PERSONAL DATA STORAGE TIME
Personal data collected by Virtus Vita will be stored as long as it is necessary to provide services to the Users via the Platform and will be permanently deleted after deletion of the medical facility or patient account with the Platform (hereinafter: “Account”).
5. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
Sharing between Users
To help facilitate bookings, Virtus Vita may share information with other Users
When a patient submits a booking request, certain data about her/him is shared with the medical facility, including name. When the booking is confirmed, Virtus Vita will share contact data of the patient and assist with coordinating the treatment and vice versa- when medical facility has a confirmed booking, certain contact data is shared with the patient such as contact information.
Profiles and other Public Information
Users may publish information that is visible to other Users, such as: (i) parts of User’s public profile page such as name, medical information i.e. designation of medical treatments being of interest, description, location, contact details and similar; (ii) treatment listing pages are publicly visible and include information on name of the medical facility, location, treatment description, treatment prices, medical facility’s certification, medical facility’s public profile photos with or without logo and any additional information in connection with the stated; (iii) after completing a booking, Users may rate and write reviews about each other and they are part of User’s publicly available profile.
Virtus Vita uses third party service providers to support the service provision related to the Platform. Service providers may: (i) assist with background checks, fraud prevention, risk assessment and back-up services (ii) provide customer service and advertising; (iii) process payments.
Safety and Compliance with Law
In order to comply with the law, Virtus Vita will cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties. Virtus Vita will disclose any information about Users to relevant state authorities and courts as it believes necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect the property and rights of Virtus Vita or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity. Virtus Vita will endeavor to notify Users about these requests, if allowed.
Virtus Vita may also share aggregated information (information about Users combined together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and non-personally identifiable information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
6. USER’S ACTIVITIES
Access and Editing
Users may review, update, or delete the information by logging into their Account and reviewing settings and profile.
Account Deletion, Data Erasure and Rectification
For information on how the User can delete her/his Account, she/he should visit the FAQ section on the Platform for instructions. User shall note that information shared with others (like reviews or forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the Platform in association with her/his name, even after their Account is deleted.
If the User wishes for any personal information to be permanently erased from the Platform, any dissemination of the respective personal data to cease, or processing by third parties of the respective personal data to halt, she/he shall contact Virtus Vita at firstname.lastname@example.org and file such request.
If the User wishes for any personal information, including the information provided at his/her Patient Account to be rectified, and she/he it is not able to successfully amend this information on his/her own, the respective User shall contact Virtus Vita at email@example.com and file such request.
Virtus Vita is continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect Users’ information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. However, the Internet is not an absolutely secure environment so Virtus Vita cannot guarantee the security of the transmission or storage of User’s information.
8. CONSENT AND CHANGES
28, Griva Digeni
1066, Nicosia, Cyprus
You may also email Virtus Vita at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any complaints about processing of User’s personal data by Virtus Vita, User may contact the competent data protection authority in her/his country of residence.
Consent to Personal Data Processing
- The Consent hereof is given for processing of Personal Data with or without automated means.
The Consent hereof is given for processing of following Personal Data:
- name, e-mail, telephone, name of the home medical facility and contact details, gender, date of birth, information if Data Subject is holder of European Health Insurance Card (EHIC);
- information on costs for booked treatment by Data Subject to be provided by the medical facility (total costs of the treatment incurring to the Data Subject as non - European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) patient and the amount of reimbursement per Data Subject treatment as an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) holder received by the medical facility from Public authorities, as well as aggregated data on completed and cancelled bookings through the Platform of particular Data Subject and for particular period);
- other data entered to the patient account and otherwise provided information by the Data Subject to Virtus Vita while filling in a form, conducting a medical treatment search, by updating or adding information at the patient account,
- information provided while responding to surveys, participating in promotions or using other features of the Platform;
- information obtained by Data Subject upon request of Virtus Vita;
- general or specific information about Data Subject’s location and time of use of the Platform (IP address, ZIP code, specific location through mobile GPS, access times and similar).
- Personal Data is not made publicly available, except where the Data Subject publishes it at the publicly visible features of the Platform aimed for the interaction between the users of the Platform.
Purposes of Personal Data processing:
- enabling treatment availability checks, reservation of bookings and execution of bookings via the Platform;
- improving the Platform;
- creating and maintaining safe environment at the Platform; and
- advertising and marketing.
- Personal Data processing may involve the following actions: collection, recording, systematization, accumulation, storage, modification (updating, revision), retrieval, use, delete, destruction, blocking, transfer (dissemination, provision, access), as well as cross-border transfer.
- Personal Data is processed until the patient account is deleted or until the withdrawal of this Consent by the patient is received, whichever comes first.
- The Personal Data is destroyed immediatly after the withdrawal of this Consent or delete of the Patient Account.
- The patient may withdraw this Consent for processing of Personal Data by sending a written notice to Virtus Vita at email@example.com.
- If patient withdraws Consent for processing of Personal Data, the consequence of such consent withdrawal would be the delete of the Patient Account and the inability to use the Platform.
- This Consent shall be valid until the processing of the Personal Data is discontinued as indicated in clause 9 of the present Consent.